Pumpkin, Banana and Blueberry Pancakes
I love pancakes. I could eat them for breakfast, lunch, dinner or all three (and have in the past). I’m pretty adventurous when it comes to recipe creation, so when the idea of pumpkin pancakes popped into my head last night, I had to give it a go. And to all those people screwing up their noses at the thought of pumpkin in a pancake, let me tell you- I was more than pleasantly surprised. The pumpkin flavour is SO subtle and combined with the sweetness of banana/vanilla/blueberries, is an absolute winner- not to mention a great way to get a few extra sneaky servings of veg into your day!
Ingredients (all organic!)
- 1 x egg
- ¼ cup almond milk
- ½ large banana mashed up
- ½ cup pumpkin mashed up
- 1/4 tsp vanilla essence
- 4 x tbs flour of choice (I use a combination of almond meal and brown rice flour)
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- ½ cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 tsp coconut oil (for frying)
- Wisk egg and milk together until fluffy.
- Add mashed banana, mashed pumpkin and vanilla essence, stir thoroughly.
- Add all dry ingredients to the mixture, adding in the blueberries last.
- Cook your delicious little morsels in coconut oil for an extra amazing little flavour boost.
- Top with your favourite toppings- I love fresh bananas, a homemade sugar-free berry compote and coconut yoghurt- or simple organic maple syrup.
Makes approx. 6 medium sized pancakes.