Choc Chip Cookies
I am writing this one in a hurry, as I am running late for pilates! Choc chip cookies are my ultimate indulgence- I could literally eat a whole batch of these in one go (sad but true). I love super dark chocolate (any other 90% cocoa fans out there?), which I use in this recipe. I’m also currently trying to minimise the amount of nuts I cook with/eat (I am a massive over indulger when it comes to nuts) so there is a notable absence of them (except for a lil almond meal) in this recipe. Hope you enjoy!
Makes approx. 12 cookies
Ingredients (all organic)
- ½ cup almond meal
- 2/3 cup brown rice flour
- ¼ cup gluten free rolled oats
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup almond milk
- ½ tsp vanilla essence
- 3 1/2 x tbs maple syrup
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- 50g x 90% dark chocolate chips (I use Lindt!)
I often add ¼ cup of chopped roasted almond too, so feel free to add in extras!
- Wisk almond milk, olive oil, vanilla essence and maple syrup together well.
- Mix all dry ingredients together thoroughly in separate mixing bowl.
- Add wet mixture to dry mixture.
- Stir in choc chips.
- Use a spoon to make flat cookies on a baking paper lined tray
- Bake for 15-20 minutes at 180 degrees Celsius (be careful to watch the cookies- some ovens cook them faster than others- I have learnt the hard way!)
- ENJOY! :)